[SI-LIST] Re: Maximum trace length of 6.25Gbps SerDes

  • From: Heyfitch <heyfitch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 22:50:45 -0500

This original question brings to mind an old Russian joke about a famous
soviet revolutionary (1917) hero V.I. and his adjutant P. It goes like this:

V.I. and P. are flying a plane. V.I. is at the controls - intently staring
into the fog - and P. is behind him.
V.I.: - P., the device?!
P.:   - Five!
V.I.: - What is "five"?
P.:   - and what is "the device"?

I am not sure how well my translation comes across, but I could not resist.
- Vadim

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: