[SI-LIST] Re: Maximum frequency consideration for high-speed digital analysis of differential signals

  • From: <art_porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brett.grossman@xxxxxxxxx>, <rula.bakleh@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:24:09 -0700

Depends a lot on what you're trying to measure. Some good examples are =
included in my app note =
http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5989-2581EN.pdf

There is a good list of questions to ask yourself in the app note.=20

Usually a good starting point is somewhere between the 5th and 7th =
harmonic of the fastest square wave fundamental (which is half the data =
rate for NRZ serial data).=20

Art Porter
Agilent Technologies