[SI-LIST] Re: Maximum Bandwidth in ISM band

  • From: "Bart Bouma" <bart.bouma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ha324005@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:41:29 +0100

Hi,

I know that normal FM-modulation is allowed too (Europe, 2.45 GHz band) in
this Industrial/Science/Medical freq. band.
For wireless video we used 27 MHz bandwidth.
As far as I know all standard wireless video sets are using this ISM-band
for FM-modulated signals.
Power limited to 10mW (ERP)

Of course, spread spectrum doesn't disturb other users, also the one who
is using SS wil be influenced less by others using this ISM-band.
Maybe this make it "mandatory". because ISM is used for all kind of
applications.

regards, Bart

Hello,

This question pertians to transmitting data in ISM
band (902Mhz-928Mhz or 2.4Ghz band)

Is there any limit on the bandwidth allowed to
transmit data?

Is it "mandatory" that transmitters operating in ISM
band use spread spectrum techniques only? Cannot we
transmit the data at high date rates in these bands by
employing high bandwidth?

Sincerely

Himanshu Arora

List archives are viewable at: