[SI-LIST] Re: Macromodeling

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <owner-ibis@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:08:39 -0800

Hello Everyone!

I was expecting some reactions to my last point I made
last week in my response to Todd Westerhoff's posting
on macromodeling.  Since I didn't see any responses, I
would like to raise the question one more time.

I would like to find out how people would feel about
implementing Don's macromodeling proposal via a set of
VHDL-AMS and Verilog-AMS controlled source and IBIS
B-element primitives using the IBIS 4.1 keywords:=20

[External Circuit], [Circuit Call] and [Node Declarations]?

All of the *-AMS primitives could be released in some sort
of a library (package) and we could make them all have a
familiar look and feel, so that people using them wouldn't
need to look inside them and/or know the language they
were written with.  The IBIS 4.1 keywords would allow=20
these primitives to be instantiated and connected any
whichever way.  This would enable the (macro-)model makers
to use a familiar interface, and do everything Don claims
that can be done with macromodeling, and the whole idea
would still be in line with the general direction IBIS
is going.

The more I think of this, the more I like it...  Please
comment.

Thanks,

Arpad

List FAQ wiki page is located at: