[SI-LIST] Re: METASTABILITY

  • From: john <johndp@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:22:13 +0000

 From some work I did a long time ago I have these references on
metastability:-

Philips Semiconductors Programmable Logic Devices
" AN032 Minimize metastability in 50MHz state machines"

Dike, Charles, “AN219, A Metastability Primer”, Philips Semiconductors

Chaney, Thomas J., “Measured Flip-Flop Responses to Marginal Triggering”
[IEEE Transactions on Computing, Vol. C-32, No. 12, December 1983,
pp. 1207-1209]

Wakerly, John, “Designers Guide to Synchronizers and Metastability, Part
1 and 2” September 1987, VLSI Design

I remember another by Motorola or TI but can't find it at this time.

Regards

John

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: