[SI-LIST] Re: METASTABILITY

  • From: "Derek Walton" <lfresearch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AHorvath@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:19:51 -0600

Actually,

this topic is highly relivant to me. I have been tracking a noise issue
that I believe is causing metastability. I have a digital device driver
( older technology ) that appears to get in a state where it won't let
the relay it's driving, release.

Noise on the power pin appears to get into the driver and cause it to
become neither on nor off. Now, normally, I think of metastability as
being caused directly by the deliberate switching event: more
specifically by the timing of logic changes within a device once a
switching event comes in.

So, is it correct to call my noise induced intermediate state Metastable?

Just curious,

Derek.

--
Cheers,