[SI-LIST] Re: MAX. IDE CABLE Length?

  • From: "Drew" <drewmeister3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:59:09 -0700

Hello,

It may not be that simple.  Forgetting the driver and receiver, I think the
length of the cable is not as much of a factor as the cable's other
characteristics or the parts connecting the cable.
For the cable, I believe that my previous employer uses cables from Woven
Electronics for their test fixtures.  I still recommend Woven to any of my
customers in need of a solution.
Admittedly, I am cautious about giving advice on the type of cable.  Other
participants of this list are much better at explaining the specifics of
what you need to consider i.e.; impedance matching, and driver/receiver
characteristics.  These may prove to be your deciding factor(s) in the type
of cable for your debug station.

Cheers!
Drew