[SI-LIST] Re: M.2 connector signal connectivity

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:19:09 +0100

As far I understand the original e-mail RX and TX are exchanged in the
layout.
I don't expect too many silicon vendors to allow swapping RX and TX, as
one of the big advantages of unidirectional signaling is, that on the RX
side you have only the small capacitance of the Receiver and not the big
load of the driver. If the interface is Implemented as IO you are giving
up this advantage.

dependent on your layout it might be possible to do some wire warp
connection exchange .. for short distances and with drilled wires this
works surprisingly well also at higher speeds.
I would not do any compliance testing on this one, but from a
functionality point of view your might be able at least to confirm that
the system would work ..

Hermann

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer