[SI-LIST] Re: Lumped capacitance estimation

  • From: Sushil Kumar GUPTA <sushil.gupta@xxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:32:28 +0530

steve, I have found a document from agilent technology which says  that
if rise time is greater than 6 times of cable propogation delay then It
can be considered as lumped load.  Does this mean that I can consider
1/6*Tr delay of cable as lumped load for my approximation. I have
provided the link of the document also.  I am confused with different
conclusions.  If you have any link which can provide detail of Tx line
characteristic and delay approximation , it would be great.

http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r5/denver/rockymountainemc/archive/2005/Feb/High_Speed.pdf

Thanks
sushil

List FAQ wiki page is located at: