[SI-LIST] Low inductance chip capacitor(LICC)

  • From: Steve Horne <sch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Perry.Qu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:45:45 -0500

We are specifying some of these for one of our projects, but we
have had some trouble getting AVX to deliver some cap values
(even though they are listed in their datasheet).  Also, in
general, we are seeing fairly large minimum order quantities for
these caps.  Apparently there isn't a great deal of demand for
them yet.

Does anyone know of good alternate sources for these reverse
geometry caps (or had better luck procuring them)?

Steve

Perry Qu writes:

 > Hi, everyone:
 >
 > I would like to know if anyone used low inductance capacitor such as the
 > one listed on AVX web site:
 >
 > http://www.avxcorp.com/docs/Catalogs/licc.pdf
 >
 > Does it really help to bring down the total ESL of cap ? Any associated
 > problems that we should watch out ?
 >
 > Thanks
 >
 > Perry
 >
 > --
 > Perry Qu
 >
 > Product Integrity         |      600 March Road
 > Alcatel Canada            |      Ottawa, ON K2K 2E6, Canada
 >
 > DID: (613) 7846720        |      FAX: (613) 5993642

List archives are viewable at: