[SI-LIST] Re: Lossy FS W-elements in HSpice

  • From: Patrick_Carrier@xxxxxxxx
  • To: mido@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Patrick_Carrier@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:06:50 -0600

Thanks to everyone for your help!
What I was lacking was a part of the trace statement identifying the trace
as material=copper.  That ever-important line was not in the example in the
manual that I was looking at.

So Ted, it seems that your tool is hunky-dorey with loss.
Thanks again to everyone that e-mailed me back with assistance.

From: Patrick_Carrier@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Lossy FS W-elements in HSpice
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:33:31 -0600

> I have as of yet been unable to create a lossy element in HSpice using the
> actual field solver built into HSpice.  I understand you can import RLGC
> parameters from other field solvers into the W-element.  Am I correct in
> assuming the W-element field solver is still broke then?  Is there a way
> get the W-element field solver to give you loss?  If not, does anyone know
> if/when Avant might fix this?
>
> Thank you much.
> --Pat

> List archives are viewable at: