[SI-LIST] Re: Looking for thin dielectric tape

  • From: Peter Salmon <psalmon2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kar_thik_v1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:25:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi Karthik,

You might try "dicing tape".  This is typically a blue-colored tape
that comes on a roll (say 9 inches wide) and is used to attach a wafer
to a dicing chuck inside a diamond saw.  It is available in varying
thicknesses.  The blade penetrates the tape a little but the tape holds
everything together until the dicing is done.  I'm pretty sure you can
find vendors of this type of product by typing "dicing tape" into a
Google search field.  Also, I've not checked the dielectric constant.

Good luck!
Peter Salmon

--- Karthik V <kar_thik_v1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>          I am a student at the State University of New York. I am
> looking for a double sided sticky dielectric tape (more like a sheet
> ) of thickness about 4mils (0.1mm) and with a dielectric constant of
> around  4, to use between copper sheets - to make a "temporary
> board". I tried things like epoxy, but it's almost impossible to get
> it so thin and still provide infinite DC resistance.
>
>           Could anyone point me to places where I could look for this
> kind of stuff. Is there anything else I could try to get the
> dielectric (with Dk around 4) so thin ( apart from elaborate
> processes )   .
>
> thanks in advance,
> Karthik,

> List technical documents are available at: