[SI-LIST] Re: Looking for good source of information regarding Via tuning

  • From: "Chris Herrick" <cherrick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paul.Denomme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 02:11:36 -0400

Hi Paul, I?m not sure if this will help your customer but a colleague and I
wrote a program that interfaces with HFSS for exactly this study. It?s
available free at http://3dviadesign.com. It?s basically a wizard that creates
ready to solve via projects so the user doesn?t have to be an expert in 3D
field solvers. The number of vias, padstacks and locations can be arbitrary.
All of the geometry (antipads, pads, dogbone, spacing, backdrilling, etc) is
also parameterized so it?s easy to optimize to a given impedance or frequency
domain criteria. Anyway, not sure if your customer has access to HFSS but I'm
sure this can help if they do.
-Chris