[SI-LIST] Re: Looking for good source of information regarding Via tuning

  • From: todd t <tamast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Denomme, Paul S." <Paul.Denomme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 19:20:31 -0400

Paul, perhaps this article is of interest to you:
http://www.edn.com/index.asp?layout=article&articleid=CA324403
"designing controlled impedance vias", by tommy neu, TI.  not a
replacement for a tried and true simulation study with a 3d field
solver,  but you'll be more familiar with what you're after and a
general direction on how to get there.

ciao,
-todd t
-mantaro networks

On Jul 2, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Denomme, Paul S. wrote:

> Hi All,
>

>            I have a customer that is looking for assistance in
> providing Via tuning.  Basically they are looking to minimize the
> impact
> their via's have on their high speed signals.  I am familiar with the
> various techniques to minimize the impact a via has on the signal
> integrity ( ie minimize pad size, maximize anti pad, remove NFP's,
> backdrilling, etc) but is their any good source of information on
> how to
> tune a via to a particular impedance? What about software? I'm
> familiar
> with the 3D field solvers, but is their any reasonably priced software
> available that will support this type of work? Any assistance on this
> issue would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thank you
>

> Paul Denomme
>
> Viasystems
>

> The information contained in this communication and its
> attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the individual to whom
> it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential, or exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
> error, please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and delete the
> communication without retaining any copies. Thank you.
> Translations of this available:
> Traduction disponible chez:
> Traducciones disponibles en:
> Vertalingen beschikbaar bij:
> http://www.viasystems.com/dynamic_page.asp?page_symbol=email_footer

> List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

  =todd=
"be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind, don't
matter, and those who matter, don't mind" --dr. seuss

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: