[SI-LIST] Looking for InfiniBand info/parts/IP/etc.

  • From: "Zabinski, Patrick J." <zabinski.patrick@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 08:37:20 -0500

We are very interested in using InfiniBand in
a new system we're developing, and I am trying to
learn more about it.

I have downloaded some info from the InfiniBand Trade
Association's web site (http://www.infinibandta.org/home.php3),
but I'm having difficulty finding available and
under development parts.  Can anyone steer me to
URLs and/or vendors?

Also, I would like to start playing around with
InfiniBand links, both in simulation and actual
hardware.  Does anyone know where I can get models
of InfiniBand drivers, receivers, cables, connectors,
etc?  Any ideas on how long of cable it will
support?  How about PCB trace length?

For our system, we'll be incorporating SEVERAL InfiniBand
SERDES in a single chip, and I'm concerned about
how much power the SERDES macro cell will consume
and how much Si-area it require.  Anyone have
info on this?  Anyone out there developing IP along
these lines that we might use/purchase?

Thanks,
Pat

-----
  Pat Zabinski                Ph: 507-538-5499
  Mayo Foundation             Fx: 507-284-9171
  200 First St SW             Em: zabinski.patrick@xxxxxxxx
  Rochester, MN 55905         Wb: www.mayo.edu/sppdg/simulation.html