[SI-LIST] Re: Long trace open on the both ends

  • From: "Nagaraju Nerella" <nagaraju.nerella@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SI-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:47:08 +0530

Hi,

If the trace is open at both ends and even it is not connected, any part
of the circuit this can be used for the tuning purpose at high frequency
applications. Or could be antenna.

1) if the operating frequency of the signal is very high frequency then
there is chance of coupling and also the spacing between your circuit
trace and the open trace will decide the how much is the coupling.

It is better I can say if you provide the details on the circuit.

Thanks & Regards,
Nagaraju