[SI-LIST] Re: Layout service recommendations

  • From: Doug Brooks <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:49:12 -0700

If I might, I'd like to make two observations about this thread.

1. It seems to me that when one member of this list asks for
recommendations about vendors, it is not unreasonable for another
contributing member of the list to simply raise their hand and say "Hey,
don't forget about us!" I don't consider a response to a question the same
as blatant unsolicited advertising. If the rest of this list feels
differently, then I analogize to you all.

2. Several people have taken positions that, frankly, we don't agree with.
It seems to me we should have the opportunity to respond without being
chastised for "advertising." Case in point:  Several people have suggested
that outside PCB design vendors must be physically close, and close contact
is required. At some fear of criticism, I will point out that several of
our high-speed customers are on the East coast, some distance away from our
Bellevue, WA.  location, and there have been no problems at all with
distance!  (At further risk, I might add that when good people work with
good people, distance is not an issue at all.)

Sorry if this type of communication offends any of our gurus.

Doug Brooks

List archives are viewable at: