[SI-LIST] Re: LVPECL termination and offset crossing

  • From: bala <balaseven@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:37:30 +0530

Tom,
Yes its true LVPECL driver.I am talking about LVPECL to LVPECL topology.I
prefer thevenin termination as its gives good output.However,some vendor
suggest 100 ohm parallel termination  instead of thevenin(which is strongly
recommended for PECL buffer).My question is,why i am getting crossing
offset for single ended waveform while using 100ohm,whereas,no offset while
using thevenin termination.

Orin,

These are 100 ohm differential LVPECL signals.I am aware of usual
termination techniques,but LVPECL demands some specific termination
schemes..

Regards
bala

bala