[SI-LIST] Re: LTSpice RLGC model from TNT field solver w-element model

  • From: Sammy Hindi <sammy.a.hindi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "asparky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <asparky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 21:11:02 -0700

Are you interested in strip line or micro strip line calculation?
Regards,
Sammy

On Tuesday, September 1, 2015, Aubrey Sparkman <
asparky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Johan,

I have on caution for you. While most 2D solvers / simulators do a good
job with impedance and near end crosstalk, few do well with far end
crosstalk. How do you know which answer is correct?

Aubrey

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 1, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Johan Lans <johan.lans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:;>> wrote:

Hi
Well, yes and no. I have simulated propagation delay on the transmission
line (one lump LGCR) in LTSpice with parameters from TNT, and they are
spot
on the same as TNT reports them. This makes me think that the Spice model
is good. However, TNT reports NEXT and FEXT values to be quite different
than what I'm getting from LTSpice. TNT FEXT -92.7dB=, TNT NEXT =-58.5dB,
LTSpice FEXT = -273dB, LTSpice NEXT = -226dB.
A problem is now that I don't know how TNT calculates crosstalk levels.
In
LTSpice I'm also getting quite a lot of overshoot and ringing in the
victim, which might indicate a problem with accuracy in LTSice (?).
My next step is to get an evaluation copy of Si9000, from Polar. I read
that it too exports LGCR-parameters, so I can then expirement with those
parameters aswell. I'm thinking that the Polar tool is well trusted and
can
be used as a reference to both LTSpice and TNT.
Best Regards, Johan

<javascript:;>>:

Hi Johan,

I am glad you found it useful.
Does it work now? Do you get the expected answer?

Regards,
Istvan

On 9/1/2015 8:24 AM, Johan Lans wrote:

Great answer, thank you very much.
Johan
Den 31 aug 2015 04:47 skrev "Istvan Novak" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:;>>:

Johan,

There are a few things that you will need to change to make this work.
To get near end and far end crosstalk, you need four ports that you
may

Subject field

si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <javascript:;> with 'help' in the Subject
field