[SI-LIST] Re: LPDDR2 derating table problem

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aleilee2008@xxxxxxxxxxx, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:04:48 +0200

Hello Lei Li,

there have been several discussion on the list for this topic. Please
search the archive, you should find some options/formulas to extrapolate
the table.

But especially the corner for the high slew rates is not really well
defined (at least not for the commodity devices). DRAM and system
vendors have been fighting for each ps for the slow slew rates .. nobody
was really interested in the fast slew rate corners .. Usually you
should have anyhow not problem with setup/hold with such fast slew rates
(only if they cause reflections).
I did not follow the discussion on LPDDR2 .. but somehow I doubt this
was different to the discussions in commodity memory.

Nevertheless I would recommend to check if you can slow down the slew
rates e. g. by controller drivestrenght settings or even external serial
terminaiton (if you have the space9. I would expect quite some
overshoots and ringing with such high slew rates and also EMI might get
worse.

Hermann

Latest Download:
=================
Presentation to our paper on the Embedded World Conference 2014:
"Jitter in PCIe application on embedded boards with PLL Zero delay Clock buffer"
http://www.eyeknowhow.de/en/downloads/

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Itzlinger Strasse 21a
94469 Deggendorf
Tel.:   +49 (0)991 / 29 69 29 05
Mobile: +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

schrieb lei li:
> Hi, Experts
> There are tIS/tIH derating tables in JEDEC LPDDR2 standard (JESD209-2F) for
> looking up. But in my project, the slew rate is out of the table.
>
> For example, in Table105, the maximum CK differential slew rate is 4V/ns, and
> the maximum CA slew rate is 2V/ns. But my result is CK diff slew rate = 8V/ns
> and  CA slew rate = 4V/ns. They are out of the table list.
>
> My problem is how to ensure the derating value of tIS/tIH in my case.
>
> Thanks.
>
> BR,Lei Li

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at: