[SI-LIST] Re: LED with series bead

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zhuyongfa@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 19:46:10 -0800

Beads sometimes get applied to front panel LEDs, switches and such in
the belief that this will limit EMI radiation and/or ESD
susceptibility.  You can decide for yourself if you think, there is a
lot that a ferrite bead is going to do that a 100-300 Ohm current limit
resistor doesn't already do.

Steve.

z46147 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I also want to know root cause of this application.
>
> Any thought on it would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Zhuyongfa
> HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.
>

> Address: Huawei Industrial Base
> Bantian Longgang
> Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
> Tel:+86-755-89653025
> Fax: +86-755-89650731
> E-mail: zhuyongfa@xxxxxxxxxx
> www.huawei.com
> This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
> which
> is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
> use of the
> information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total
> or partial
> disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
> intended
> recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
> notify the sender by

Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: