[SI-LIST] Re: LC filters on power pins

  • From: "Jim Muccioli" <james@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <david.kaiser@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:09:05 -0400

Hi David,

I agree that the standard filter components are proving ineffective at Gbit
speeds.
However, we finally have data on the X2Y structure in ferrite that does show
effectiveness (IL of 80db @ 1MHz and 27dB @ 6GHz). More needs to be researched
but we
feel by combining the ferrite material and the bypass circuit attachment, these
ferrite
components will offer broadband filtering with low signal distortion.

You can access the IL data and a preliminary ITEM Magazine Article showing
other data at
these links:
IL Data
http://www.x2y.com/cube/x2y.nsf/(files)/FerriteTest.pdf/$FILE/FerriteTest.pdf