[SI-LIST] Re: LC filters on SDRAM signal lines

  • From: "Pommerenke, David" <davidjp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sinha, Snehamay" <snehamay@xxxxxx>, "David Carney (Neenah)" <David.Carney@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 00:54:12 -0500

In analysing similar problems we found that the source was field coupling from
the VDD_IO of the memory. The coupling was enhanced due to the package of the
memory and only occured when the memory was sending data. Of course, your case
can be quite different. The noise can be caused by the memory or by the ASIC or
FPGA you are using. By changing the software you can determine this. Further,
the coupling could be from teh bus, the power or field coupled. Which memory
package are you using? Have you tried different vendors of the memory?

Regards,

   David Pommerenke