[SI-LIST] J.L. Prince (Influcence of a floating plane......) Arizona university

  • From: "Jean Audet" <jaudet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:55:54 -0400

Around 1996-1997, a presentation have been done by University of Arizona
about the '' Influence of a Floating Plane on Effective Ground Plane in
Thin Film Multilayer and Lead Frame package''

Into this presentation,  the effective inductance simulation for a
multilayer package having floating plane above is worst than whitout
floating plane.
Basically the structure (x-section) is the following

Floating plane
Signal
Ground plane

The Leff graph shows a Leff lower for structure whitout floating plane. I'm
little surprise about the simulation results.
Is someone has more data about that... or maybe M. Prince may reply if he
is in the distribution list

Also I have only a hard copy of this presentation, Is someone else has a
soft copy ?

Jean Audet
Electrical Analysis
World Wide Packaging & Test