[SI-LIST] Re: Is it a bird, a plane, or no more ASCII drawings.

  • From: Raymond Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:00:43 -0700

Also, the sidraw format is vector based as opposed to most image formats
like gif or jpg or whatever which are raster based. This tends to make
the sidraw encoded drawing much more compact than uuencoded or base64
encoded image files.  On the downside, you can't attach an arbritrary
image such as a screen capture, but must draw one in the sidraw tool.

-Ray

Jon Powell wrote:

>Dimiter,
>Yeah, I thought of that. But no-one ever used it cause it ain't easy (or at
>least well published) from windows systems. Also I wanted something that had
>high level content (i.e. you could grab and change objects) and you could
>edit it to correct things and embed comments.
>I know graphic editors aren't new.
>Can you provide enough info about uuencode on windows systems so people can
>tell if they have potential attack issues?
>
>I mainly made this editor as an attempt to contribute to the SI-list in
>thanks for the good data I get by being a member. So if making this editor
>available makes someone else publish a better idea, then I have also been
>successful.
>
>Oh, and when I tell a joke, you will know for sure.
>
>jon

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org