[SI-LIST] Re: Internal Inductance

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "George Tang" <gtang@xxxxxxxx>, <engin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 05:34:50 -0700

George,

I agree that any model that shows inductance going to infinity for a an=20
infinitly large plane is wrong.

Finite flux can result in infinite ( or very large ) inductance, since=20
inductance is the flux density / mmf.

I suspect that what is happening in the model is that the finite mmf is=20
getting improperly approximated as either a very small number or zero.

Regards,

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: