[SI-LIST] Insertion Loss, Return Loss, ILD, UNi versus Dual stripline

  • From: "Haller, Robert" <rhaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:48:37 -0400

I have 2 Diff pairs in the same dielectric Material (ISO370HR). One is Uni
Stripline, One is Dual Stripline. Aside from the potentially different
core/Prepreg material, resin content, glass weave (etc), and they are the Same
Copper Geometry (say 4 mil line/7 mil space) and have the same impedance, same
DC resistance  will I be able to observe a difference in Insertion Loss, Return
Loss, or Insertion Loss Deviation ?
GND ---------------                    GND --------------
Sig        -  -                                     SIG      -  -
GND ----------------                   SIG                -  -
                                                        GND ---------------

Regards
Bob