[SI-LIST] Re: Info on Spice package

  • From: Raymond Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kbbuchanan@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:48:50 -0800

Kevin-

check the following URL:

http://home.planet.nl/~heuve345/electronics/software.html
Scroll down to "Simulation software".
They have around 20 different spice and spicelike simulators listed.
Most or many of them are Freeware. (there appears to even be a
freeware version of the Beige Bag offering.

I haven't ried all of them, but for Windoze applications, the Simetrix
simulator is really a nice piece of code to use.  Check out the URL
and you'll most likely find something you'll be happy with. Some
of the freeware or demo versions are limited in circuit size, but
for academic purposes nearly all of them are powerful enough to
handle most anything you'd likely want to model.

p.s.:
(If you are interested in PCB layout s/w for academic or hobby applications,
the 'Eagle' package found on the same webpage is worth checking out.)

-Ray

Sun Microsystems Inc.

Kevin Buchanan wrote:

>Hello,
>
>   I've been following the list for some time and have learned a lot.
>Thanks to whom ever started this forum. This may be off topic but based o=
>what I've read in the threads I can think of no better source to ask this=
>
>question.
>
>   I'm a student at U-Mass. I'm looking for a spice package that has a
>reasonable cost. I have found one called 'B2 Spice A/D' by a company
>called Beige Bag Software for about $350. The price seems to good to be t=
>rue.
>
>   I'm looking at using this package to learn more about simulation
>with spice and would be applying it to do transmission line modeling.
>Can anyone provide any info about this package.
>
>   Also, can anyone recommend a package that would satisfy the low cost
>requirement. I would also be using it to model parasitics of inductors
>and caps as well.
>
>Thanks,
>Kevin

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list