[SI-LIST] Re: Inductance of parallel plate capacitors in series

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 01:13:33 -0800

A------
    -------B
========PCB

A------
   ------
   ------B
========PCB

The capacitance at low and medium frequencies falls in half.
The low frequency inductance goes up.
The high frequency inductance is almost entirely unaffected.

I think you should read Istvan's papers on this subject.

Steve
On 12/12/2012 12:58 AM, Andreas Hahn wrote:
> If we consider a simple parallel plate capacitor, the parasitic inductance
> of the plates decreases with the thickness of the dielectric.
>
> What happens to the parasitic inductance if we now build a second,
> identical capacitor on top of the
> first, such that one plate is now common to the two, and charge the two
> capacitors in series?

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV  89501
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2012 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: