[SI-LIST] Re: Inductance of Various Capacitor Paxkages

  • From: "Tauscher, Brian" <brian.tauscher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 07:21:14 -0500

Some capacitor manufacturer websites have information on impedance
characteristics over operating frequency.  For example, Murata has a very
useful tool called MLCC Characteristic Data which allows you to pick a cap
and it will generate a bode plot.  Inductance and other parameters are also
shown.

Check out:
http://www.iijnet.or.jp/murata/products/english/design/cap/index.html

Regards,

Brian E. Tauscher
Hardware Engineer
COGNEX? Corporation
1 Vision Drive
Natick, MA 01760
email: brian.tauscher@xxxxxxxxxx

Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:29:25 -0800
From: Neeraj Pendse <cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: Inductance of Various Capacitor Paxkages

Adeel,

Take a look at www.gigatest.com, there are several application notes on
the website, available for free download after registration (FREE). This
might also answer your previous question about power system design.

- Neeraj.

--
National Semiconductor Corporation
2900 Semiconductor Drive, M/S 19-100

> Adeel Malik wrote:
>
> Can some-one tell me or guide me to a link having inductance values for
> various Capacitor packages, both though-hole and SMD. I need them to
> optimize decoupling topology for a high-speed board running above 100MHz.
> Regards,
> Adeel Malik,
> Senior Design Engineer,
> Communications Enabling Technologies,