[SI-LIST] Re: Impedance control with split ground planes

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:37:25 -0400

Balaji,

You may want to look into the possibility of making the stripline layers
asymetrical: closer to
VCC on top and closer to GND on the bottom.  With blind vias you should
be able to reach
down at least 10-12 mils, and dependent on the narrowest line your
vendor can make, you could
use a trace-to-plane dielectric thickness of about 3 mils.  This will
reduce (but not eliminate)
the impact of voids on the surface planes.

Regards,
Istvan

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: