[SI-LIST] Impedance calcuation

  • From: "Joe Young" <joeyoung10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:53:04 -0700

Hi Experts,
        I have a very basic (silly?) question in my mind. I need to calculate
the total load or impedance faced by the Driver.I know the input capacitance of
the receivers. And also i know/decide the trace length information.
         Device1 --- 8.8 nH , 1.0PF
         Device2 --- 6 nH, 2 pF
         Device3 --- 8 nH, 7 pF
         Device4 -- 3.3nH 0.7 pF
         Device5 -- 3.3nH 0.7 pF and assume device 2 is 1 inch from device 1
and device 3 is 2 inch from Device 1(1 inch from Device 2) and Device 4 and 5
are 4 inch from device 1 (2 inch from device 3)

     Device 1 drives Device2 to Device 5.
            I have to come up with a best topology. Device 2 operates at 83 Mhz
and Device3 to 5 operates at 33 Mhz.
     Now i want to know the impedance seen by the Device 1 when it is driving
the loads.
    Ofcourse, i can refer the books. But i would like to know is there any
easier formula for come to quickest conclusion to decide th topology? Any thumb
rule?.Reference to any formula?.
    Am i missing any parameter that has to be included?
    This question may be a very basic and can be found in books but i would
like to hear from the Experts to know  how they would decide.

Expecting the inputs from the experts to add up my experience.

If anybody could give me a detailed paperwork, really it would be helpful for
me to do further experiments.

rgds,
Joe

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp

List archives are viewable at: