[SI-LIST] Re: [IS-LIST] Source termination of LVDS drivers

  • From: Robert Kezer <Robert.Kezer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'sunil-chandra.kasanyal@xxxxxx'" <sunil-chandra.kasanyal@xxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:00:03 -0500

The problem I see with a series termination is a drop of around 800 mV
across
a 200 ohm resitor. This assumes a 4mA current being sourced and sunk by the
LVDS I/O.

As long as the driver has the dynamic range to provide an extra drop, this
will
work fine, but for low voltage devices, this may pose a problem.

Currently most LVDS outputs have a 2.5V rail, but this may change in the
future.

Bob