[SI-LIST] Re: IC package

  • From: "Rich Peyton" <p2rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>, <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:37:08 -0400

It also depends on how you want to look at the original question the =
poster
asked:

> >why all IC packages are Black in colour?.

I can have a premolded plastic DIP with IC chip covered with black
"Encapsulant material" and a nice colored "Epoxy molded package" around =
that
encapsulant to make it stand out from other vendors because most are =
black.

I was referring to the exterior "package material" while some are =
referring
to the IC "encapsulant material".

Rich =20