[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS-ISS ver. 1.0 now available!

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 06:18:48 +0000

Hermann,

You are correct, IBIS-ISS could do a better job than EBD,
or also PKG.  But from a syntax perspective IBIS-ISS cannot
be considered as a complete replacement for EBD (or PKG).
We can only replace the "guts" of EBD or PKG with IBIS-ISS.

There are already a couple of proposals in discussion to
make use of IBIS-ISS for package modeling.  Even though
there is no official proposal for making use of IBIS-ISS
for EBD improvements, the ideas in the proposals for
improving the package modeling with IBBIS-ISS could also
be applied to EBD.

I am sure that a proposal for improving EBD with IBIS-ISS
will surface soon, we just didn't get there yet.

Thanks,

Arpad