[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS-AMI Vendor Support Help

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:02:48 -0500

All,

On die S-Parameter is just one part of the problem. Models requiring on die
S-Parameter are incompatible with the rest of IBIS IV and VT data, including
things liked Vdiff, Cdiff.

The problem with [External Circuit] it that it is explicitly outside of a
model definition and therefore not model based. So if a chip had 300
instances of the same SerDes differential model, then using [External
Circuit] would require 300 instances of the same [External Circuit], this
combined with IBIS inability to properly handle true differentials makes
putting this capability in IBIS problematic.

As soon as the current revision of the AMI specification is completed,
SiSoft will be introducing new AMI parameters that satisfy the Analog
modeling requirements to support the AMI algorithmic modeling. One
additional compelling reason to put this into the .ami file is that we have
found that configuring the ami algorithmic model also configures the analog
parasitics.

Walter

Walter Katz
303.449-2308