[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS-AMI Simulation produces split eye diagram

  • From: Ambrish Varma <ambrishv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:35:48 -0800

Hi Ravinder,
The eye centering/post-processing is performed with the help of clock times
that are returned by the AMI model. I have seen models that return faulty clock
times that result in a shifted eye.

As Todd and Hermann correctly point out - eye-centering and display are tool
specific issue and it is quite possible that other tools/simulators fix the eye
in some way before displaying it to the user.

You have mentioned that a previous version of the AMI model gives you a good
eye. I could run a simple debug with that model that will let me know if this
is a clock time issue or something else.

Please contact me offline if you want to do so.

Thanks,
-Ambrish.

Ambrish Varma   |  Member of Consulting Staff
P: 978.262.6431   www.cadence.com