[SI-LIST] IBIS question

  • From: "Stephane Tremblay" <strembl1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:26:01 -0400

Hi SI-Listers,

       I am using a DDR IO buffer that has not been designed in-house. The
macro provider did provided us with an IBIS model for the Termination AND
another IBIS Model for the IO itself (since there is active termination on
DDR2). Since the two are connected on the same PAD at the die level, I did
the same on the simulation deck. By doing so, I got nasty sim results and
after investigation I realized that Package info was present on both IBIS
models.

As I think I am a smart engineer, I tried to decoupled the package info from
the actual two IBIS models that I have, but I don't get the same results if
I put the parasitic outside the IBIS vs. inside the IBIS.

Anyone has a clue why?

How do I get Package Parasitic outside the IBIS? Just setting RLC discrete
values outside did not reproduce the same sim.

Here is the Parasitic I need to separate from my Model:

[Package]

| variable       typ                 min                 max

R_pkg            0.58                0.48                0.68

L_pkg            5.80nH              4.10nH              7.50nH

C_pkg            0.58pF              0.51pF              0.65pF

Thanks,

Steph.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net