[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS models - What is the difference between Tri-Out & Tri-In

  • From: "Jon Powell" <jonpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rakesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:10:30 -0800

These things can be highly tool specific but in general, the INPUTS have
only the overshoot protection of the
overshoot protection diodes but the OUTPUTS have the additional protection
provided by the CMOS pullup and pulldown
devices (even in off state they provide back bias protection).

Once again, it depends on how the simulator itself interprets the IBIS model
data.

regards,
jon