[SI-LIST] IBIS model problems

  • From: "John Ellis" <jellis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:41:59 -0400

I too have seen the problems generated by many IBIS models.  Recently I've
found that about half the IBIS models I try to run cannot support the
application when rwf_ramp and fwf_ramp are set to 1 or 2.

In these cases I have to fall back on the 0 setting.  I think I was told
that it has to do with the frequency at which the IBIS waveforms are
derived.  If someone has a more complete explanation, please share it.

While I'm on the subject,  In IBIS there are multiple optional settings to
choose from which impact the nature of the waveforms.  Typically when I use
an IBIS model, its one I've downloaded from a component vendor's website
because an HSPICE model wasn't available.  There is usually ZERO
documentation for this model regarding what settings (rwf_ramp etc.) to use.
Does anyone who routinely builds IBIS models have any suggestions on how to
proceed in implmenting an undocumented model within a netlist so as not to
go too far afield?

Thanks,

John Ellis

TriCN, Inc.