[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS model package parasitics

  • From: "Kai Keskinen" <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Webber@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:40:00 -0500

Either you are doing something wrong or the simulation you are doing is
insensitive to parasitics over the values you are using. Try using a model
with a much faster edge rate and see if the simulation is influenced by the
package parasitics.

You can change package parasitics from "libraries" - "browse models" and
selecting the device model. You can change either the global or per pin
parameters in the .dml device editor. Remember, if you change it in the
SigXP library, it doesn't change in the board file. You don't have to change
the IBIS file each time.

You could also ask Cadence if you have a valid maintenance agreement.