[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS model for external connections

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Painter, Chris'" <chris.painter@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:07:28 -0700

Traditional IBIS models, those of version 3.2 or lower, cannot do the
multi-level logic signaling of the 10/100/1000Base-T signaling. IBIS 3.2 and
lower assumes 1/0 logic levels.  It is possible to use the extensions in
IBIS 4.2 to get where you want to go.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane