[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS model Tr accuracy

  • From: "Henson, Bradley S" <Bradley.S.Henson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:44:47 -0700

This reminds me of an old, but relevant story.

Back in the early 80's Fairchild had just introduced their FAST advanced
schottky technology. I was seeing extraordinary prop delay push-out
under the various patterns I applied to the other 7 I/O while measuring
1 of them (the worst offenders were like the F244, F245 etc.). Fairchild
said the tpd spec was only valid for a single output switching. DESC
copied their statement in the Mil Drawings. I wrote a letter to DESC
asking how we were supposed to design robust systems using their specs.
I received back an answer from the DESC component Engineer that we could
only count on switching 1 output at a time in our application! I guess
he knew best as he went on to head that branch years later :(

We probably want IBIS models to reflect any combination of I/O patterns
:)

Enjoy
Brad