[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS min, typ and max. values

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:11:10 -0700

Answers to your question:

1)  Given that A > B > C you should put them in the model
this way:

typ = B
min = C
max = A

regardless of how the I-V curves turned out.

2)  Simulators should allow the user to have a say in what happens.
Ideally the user will check all possible combinations, meaning they
will try both min and max C_comp with the min and max I-V curves.

3)  This is probably up to the simulator vendor's implementation.
A certain vendor whose IBIS implementation I happen to be familiar
with will pick all min values when you tell it to do a "min" simulation,
all max values for a "max" simulation and it will pick min C_comp with
max I-V curves for "fast" simulation and max C_comp with min I-V
curves for "slow" simulations.  The user can have a choice between
these combinations.

4)  I do not know why this is only a warning in IBISCHK.  Maybe there
are cases when this convention doesn't apply and we didn't want to
invalidate those cases.

Arpad