[SI-LIST] IBIS Summit at DesignCon 2014 - First Call for Participation and Presentations

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 03:48:33 +0000

The IBIS Open Forum is pleased to announce our IBIS Summit meeting at
DesignCon 2014. The Summit will be held at the Santa Clara Convention
Center in Santa Clara, California, on January 31, 2014.

IBIS Summits are designed to enable face-to-face interactions between
model users, model makers and tool developers in the IBIS community.
Those interested in presenting at or in attending the event may register
using the information below.

The IBIS Open Forum is sponsoring the event, but we welcome additional
sponsors to cover some of the meeting expenses, including the FREE lunch and
refreshments.

We look forward to seeing you in Santa Clara!

Best Regards,

   Michael Mirmak
   Intel Corp.
   Chair, IBIS Open Forum

                    I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

                                FIRST CALL FOR

                          PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

Time/Date:      Friday, January 31, 2014 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Location:       Santa Clara Convention Center
                5101 Great America Parkway,
                Santa Clara, California, USA

Room:           Mission City Ballroom M1 (look for signs)
                Santa Clara Convention Center

Content:        Presentations and Discussions

Cost:           FREE

Sponsors:       IBIS Open Forum, DesignCon

            We are seeking more co-sponsors. The benefits to sponsors include
            recognition at the meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls
            for Papers and meeting minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money. You will receive generous
            thanks and public acknowledgement for your support.

            Please contact Lance Wang
<lwang@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lwang@xxxxxxxxxx>> for co-sponsorship
            information.

            DesignCon 2014 Conference:
            January 28 - 31, 2014

            Santa Clara Convention Center
            Santa Clara, CA
            http://www.designcon.com/

            Conference Schedule:
            http://www.designcon.com/santaclara/conference

IBIS participants receive a 20% discount on registration, but only through
December 31!
Please contact Lance Wang <lwang@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lwang@xxxxxxxxxx>>  to
obtain discounted registration information.

BACKGROUND

DesignCon is the premier annual Silicon Valley event for the electronic
design automation (EDA) and semiconductor industry. Topics of current
interest to the IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS meeting.

Presentations are expected to be available in an electronic
format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any pending formal
decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the
meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS or related model development, EDA tool development,
and digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit meeting.
If you plan to participate, please register with the information below:

   Name:

   E-mail address:

   Company:

   Telephone:

Send your registration information to Lance Wang <lwang@xxxxxxxxxx>.

Registration deadline is Friday, January 24, 2014 to receive the free lunch.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences of
interest to the IBIS modeling community. These can include, but are not
limited to:

   Demonstrations of modeling techniques

   Explanations of behavioral algorithms

   Descriptions of difficulties encountered

   Model correlation

   Modeling building experiences

   Comparisons to other modeling methods

   New technologies for modeling buffers and components

   New technologies for modeling packaging and interconnects

   Algorithmic modeling topics

Presentations may be addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience,
from beginner to expert.

Presentation Format:

   Microsoft PowerPoint* or Adobe Acrobat* electronic formats are favored
   and will be pre-loaded on a Microsoft Windows*-based meeting laptop
   prior to the meeting. Materials will be projected but handouts or
   other physical media are welcome.

Time: Usually 15-45 minutes (allow time for questions)

Electronic Archival:

   Presentations will be archived under the IBIS Summit website.
   Final submission deadline is Tuesday, January 21, 2014

If you plan a presentation, please supply the following information as
soon as possible:

   Presentation Title:

   Presenter Name:

   E-mail address:

   Company:

   Telephone:

   Estimated Time:

Send to Michael Mirmak
<michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>>

All submissions will be reviewed by the IBIS Board and are subject to approval
before
Presentation at the Summit.

Note, vendor-specific, confidential or product promotion material is forbidden
at
IBIS summits. Presentations MUST be submitted by the deadline for review.
The IBIS Open Forum reserves the right to reject submitted presentations or
stop a scheduled presentation containing content that has not been reviewed.

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a FREE
lunch. A formal list of speakers and topics will be released one
week prior to the event.

HOTEL AND TRAVEL INFORMATION

The Hotel and Travel Link below provides a conference hotel discount, as
well as transportation suggestions:

    http://www.designcon.com/santaclara/registration/travel-and-venue.php

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: