[SI-LIST] IBIS Summit at DesignCon 2010: Fourth Call for Participation and Presentations

  • From: "Lance Wang" <lwang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis@xxxxxxx>, <ibis-users@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:39:35 -0500

To All:

This is the final announcement for the DesignCon 2010 IBIS Summit meeting to
be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.

We have about eleven presentations plus a discussion planned so far.  These
are noted in the AGENDA section of the announcement below.

The IBIS Open Forum is sponsoring the event, but we welcome additional
sponsors to cover some of the meeting expenses, including the free lunch and
refreshments.

Also note that VIP discounts are offered for all DesignCon 2010 conference
packages (including free exhibition admission) through links given below.
Several IBIS members are also actively participating and presenting material
in the DesignCon program.

Best Regards,

Lance Wang
IO Methodology Inc.
www.iometh.com

                              IBIS SUMMIT
                            FOURTH CALL FOR
                      PARTICIPATION & PRESENTATIONS

                 I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

Time/Date:  Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Location:   Santa Clara Convention Center
            5101 Great America Parkway,
            Santa Clara, California, USA

Room:       203 in Convention Center where DesignCon is being held

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and
            ideas.

Sponsors:   Cisco Systems, IBIS, International Engineering Consortium
            (DesignCon)

            We are seeking more co-sponsors.  Please contact Lance Wang
            <lwang@xxxxxxxxxx>.  The benefits to sponsors include
            recognition at the meeting and acknowledgement in the Calls
            for Papers and meeting minutes.

            Your financial support strengthens the organization by
            allowing IBIS to focus resources on industry activities
            rather than raising money, and you will receive generous
            thanks for your support.

DesignCon 2010 Conference:

            February 1 - 4, 2010
            Santa Clara Convention Center
            Santa Clara, CA

              http://www.designcon.com/2010/

            Exhibits registration:

              http://www.designcon.com/2010/register/index.asp

            IBIS Summit participants can register at discounted rates
            through this link for both the conference and exhibition:

              http://www.designcon.com/2010/vip_passes/ibis.html

            However, please also notify Lance Wang (lwang@xxxxxxxxxx)
            if you are planning to attend the IBIS Summit.

     Conference Schedule:

       http://www.designcon.com/2010/attendees/program_schedule.asp

BACKGROUND

DesignCon is the premier annual Silicon Valley event for the electronic
design automation (EDA) and semiconductor industry.  Topics of current
interest to the IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DesignCon.

This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS meeting.

Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an electronic
format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any pending formal
decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks prior to the
meeting.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and
digital circuit design are invited to participate in the Summit meeting.
If you plan to participate, please register with the information below:

   Name:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:

Send to - Lance Wang <lwang@xxxxxxxxxx>

Registration deadline is Wednesday, January 27, 2010 to receive the free
lunch.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

We are seeking presentations from individuals who have experiences of
interest to the IBIS modeling community.  In the past, these have
included, but not limited to:

   Demonstrations of modeling techniques
   Explanations of behavioral algorithms
   Descriptions of difficulties encountered
   Model correlation
   Modeling building experiences
   Comparisons to other modeling methods
   New technologies for modeling buffers and component
   New technologies for modeling packaging and interconnects
   Algorithmic modeling topics
   Etc.

Presentations may be addressed to any and all levels of IBIS experience,
from beginning to advanced.

Presentation Format:

   A conference laptop with LCD projector.  Powerpoint* or Acrobat*
   electronic formats are favored and will pre-loaded on the
   Windows*-based meeting laptop prior to the meeting.

Time: Usually 15-30 Minutes

Electronic Archival:

   Presentations will be archived under the IBIS Summits site
   and also must be submitted in time for uploading and copying.
   Final submission deadline is:

     Wednesday, January 27, 2010

   Otherwise, you should bring 50 copies for distribution.

If you plan a presentation, please supply the following information as
soon as possible:

   Tentative Title:
   Presenter:
   E-mail address:
   Company:
   Telephone:
   Estimated Time:

Send to - Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Note, vendor-specific or product promotion material is illegal at
IBIS meeting.  We strongly advise that the presentations be submitted
by the deadline.  The IBIS Open Forum reserves the right to stop or
reject a scheduled presentation that has not been previewed.

AGENDA

The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks, and a FREE
lunch.

So far the tentative titles or topics are shown.

  IBIS Activities and Future Plans
  Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group

  Top 10 Issues As Seen During IBIS Model Reviews
  Lynne Green, Green Streak Programs

  IBIS Quality Checklist Rev. 2.0
  Moshiul Haque and Randy Wolff, Micron Technology

  Are We Over Designing? Model and Measurement
  Correlation topic
  Tom Dagostino, Teraspeed Consulting Group

  Pin-Pair Oriented Extraction Method for Differential Pair Buffers
  Lance Wang, IO Methodology

  Quality Metrics for S-parameter Models
  Yuriy Shlepnev, Simberian

  Model Connection Protocol overview topic
  Brad Brim, Sigrity

  Signal Loop Inductance in [Pin] and [Package Model]s
  Randy Wolff, Micron Technology

  SI/PI Co-Analysis and Linearity Indicator
  Myoung Joon Choi and Vishram Pandit, Intel Corporation

  IBIS-AMI Report topic
  Arpad Muranyi, Mentor Graphics Corporation

  Predicting BER with IBIS-AMI: Experiences Correlating
  SerDes Simulations and Measurement
  Todd Westerhoff*, Adge Hawes**, Michael Steinberger*,
  Kent Dramstad**, Walter Katz*, Barry Katz*,
  *Signal Integrity Software (SiSoft), and **IBM

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

The Hotel and Travel Link provides a conference hotel discount, and use
internet search engines other good lodging deals:

   http://www.designcon.com/2010/hotel/index.asp

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: