[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS Speed Support - DDR3

  • From: shankar san <shankar.electronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nikumbh, Raj" <Raj.Nikumbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:42:16 +0530

Micron provides two different model for 1.35V and 1.5V for the DDR3 devices.
But for memory buffer, the vendor provides two files in the similar way one
for 1.35V and one for 1.5V.

The problem i am facing here is the datasheet says memory buffer can
support 1866 MTs @ 1.35V, but the provided IBIS file for 1.35V doesn't have
any speed related info (Description or comments in the IBIS file). Wherein
if you look at Micron DDR3 device IBIS file they will mention the supported
speed at the IBIS file description.

So how would i find that this model will work at 1866MTs at 1.35V without
any description in the IBIS file.

Thanks & Regards,
S Sankar

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Nikumbh, Raj <Raj.Nikumbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Normally there are two different IBIS files for 1.5 and 1.35.
>
> Micron has v89c_it.ibs to 1.5V and v89c_1p35_it.ibs for 1.35V for one of
> its memories. As you have not mentioned the exact part you will have to get
> in touch with your memory vendor.
>
> ~Raj

S Shankar

List forum  is accessible at: