[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS Model error

  • From: "Abe Riazi" <ariazi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:57:58 -0800

 Chris McGrath Wrote:

I agree with Abe- MIN has generally shown slow timing (slower slew
rates, etc.) and MAX has shown fast timing (faster slew rates, etc.).
However, I'm not sure if it is fair to say that slow=worst case and
fast=best case since that is application dependent, but I think I get
your point.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi  Chris,

One justification for referring to "slow corner" as "worst case" is
that slow edge simulations are frequently applied to evaluate
the worst system timing (setup margins), and to ensure that the
signal achieves its full voltage amplitude.

However, as you have noted, associating "worst case" with "slow corner" and
"best case" with "fast corner" has some drawbacks; particularly because worst
(highest) level crosstalk and ringing are usually investigated by means of
fast edge simulations.

Regards,

Abe

List technical documents are available at: