[SI-LIST] IBIS Model and how to model PCB Trace & minimize cross talk

  • From: Embedded Online <embeddedsystemsonline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:55:10 -0800 (PST)

How IBIS models are created ? Are these available from vendors if I have part
number ?

My area is PCB design.

In nutshell I my design is a Mircoprocessor say Pentium connected with a RAM,
ROM, Transceivers etc. on a say Six Layer FR4 board with 1 ground and power
plan.

I have Board thickness, layer thickness, dielectrics and loss tangents values
including rise and fall times.

I want to calculate how much lenght a track should have to minimize Signal
Integrity. Take example of Clock Signal from CPU to Xtal and other ICs.

Now to me PCB track comming from Output pin (clock- from Microprocessor_ can be
modeled as Transmission line (lumped or distributed). And I can take care of
Transmission line Matching etc.

I get confused how to incoporate PCB board Capacitance in that model ?

Also how to minimize cross talk between clock signals and others.

Thanks in advance for help.

regards

Embedded

List archives are viewable at: