[SI-LIST] IBIS Model Considering Feedback???

  • From: Bradley Henson <Bradley_Henson-NR@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:33:00 -0700

I'm working with a vendor on a custom backplane driver that implements
slew-rate control over PVT for a variety of different backplane loading
scenarios. They use Spectre for development and we use HSPICE for the
system model. My ultimate acceptance of the product is based on its
behavior in my established backplane model (done this twice before at 2
previous technology nodes). My previous experience was with
semi-vendor/developers that also used HSPICE. Spectre can't handle the
transmission-line models used in my system model.
It seems like one possible answer is to develop the buffer in Spectre and
simulate in HSPICE using an IBIS model. Can IBIS truly model a buffer that
uses output feedback for slew-rate control? Any other suggestions for how
I can use my HSPICE model while the vendor used Spectre?

Thanks

Brad Henson

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net